- Age 18-34
- 140 lbs
- 5' 8"
- Nowra, New South Wales
- Injury Status In Pain
- Do you have syringomyelia No
- Chronicity 2 - 3 Months
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? All the time
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? All the time
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Excruciating
- Doctor/Care Giver Dr Ram
- headaches Multiple times per day
- Neck pain All the time
- difficulty swallowing Sometimes
- dizziness Several times a week
- Numbness and tingling Often
- bladder and bowel dysfunction Yes
Been receiving Botox injections from neurologist for migraines. Has stopped extreme pain in the back of my neck and skull.. like being hit with an axe.. but has not stopped the pain altogether and not the headaches and migraines, and other symptoms for which I need Opiate based medications and muscle relaxants. If I'm forced to take paracetamol and ibuprofen alone, I fear I will overdose as I need around 8 of each every day to get through. And no .. it isn't rebound headaches.. I've forced myself to have time off only to find my neck pain even worse..
No one wants to operate because my Chiari 1 is "only 9mm" and apparently not.blocking the CCF flow. However I know that is what's causing my pain.. the pain starts exactly where the Chiari is.
I am starting to feel suicidal and depressed. No one believes how much pain I'm in.. and in Australia we no can't buy codeine over the counter.. so I'm being forced to beg for pain relief from my GP. I am paying hundreds of dollars to see a Neuro every 3 months and nothing is really helping.