- Age 55+
- 178 lbs
- 5' 5"
- Myrtle Beach, SC
- Injury Status In Pain
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? All the time
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Sometimes
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Quite a bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Distressing
I find that things that I did without thinking are now either a challenge or I cannot do them without added pain. Don't know which is worse, the pain or being so tired/exhausted. This is all compounded by now being diagnosed with RA. My best bet is to keep somewhat busy, playing word games and reading take my mind off the pain for a bit. Watching, viewing nature - be it animal life or plant life and scenery - calm my pain and mind. The hardest thing for me to deal with is not being as strong as I was, not being able to DO what I use to do. But I won't give in. Can't give in.