- Age 55+
- 138 lbs
- 5' 1"
- White Lake, MI
- Injury Status Recovering
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Never
- Physical activity per week 0-4 hours
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Somewhat
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Yes, for 1-3 months
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? A little bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Discomforting
- Back pain interfere with sleep Never
- Back pain interfere with your personal care (washing, dressing etc) Sometimes
- Back pain interference with travel Frequently
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Spinal Stenosis, Herniated disc (bulging disc, disc protrusion), Spondylolisthesis, Scoliosis, Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Osteoporosis, Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Additional conditions Depression, Insomnia
I have persistent lower back spasms after 3 surgeries in 7 1/2 months. The surgery on 1/30/2018 (fused from L2-S1) successfully cured the horrible nerve pain and realigned/repaired lower spine and repaired damage from 2 previous surgeries. First surgery was L3/L4 fusion due to spondylylothesis, but L4 was fractured during the surgery. Second surgery was revision on L3/L4, but a few months after surgery I was back in horrible pain.
I am doing so much better, compared to the horrible pain I was in, but I don't want these spasms to be my new reality. With scoliosis starting directly above L2, I'm concerned about these sections deteriorating. I have been doing physical therapy and it is finally starting to help some. I can't seem to correlate the spasms with anything I'm doing or not doing. Can't seem to find the cause, but suspect sacroiliac joint problems.