- Age 55+
- 149 lbs
- 5' 5"
- nsw armidale
- Injury Status Recovering
- Walking distance with leg pain As far as I want
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Number of Surgeries 1
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? A little bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Rarely
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Not at all
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Mild
- Back pain causing leg pain No, I don't feel any leg pain
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Sitting without having to change position 2-3 hours
- Standing without experiencing back pain 2-3 hours
- Pain when rising from a seated position Much better
- Back-Pain while bending forward No pain
- Leg-Pain while bending forward No pain
- Pain while bending backward No pain
- Walk with no pain 2-3 Miles
- Sitting without back pain 2-3 hours
- Standing without back pain 2-3 hours
- Back pain interfere with sleep Sometimes
- Back pain interfere with your personal care (washing, dressing etc) Not at all
- Back pain interference with travel Sometimes
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Degenerative Disc Disease
- Additional conditions Arthrithis
I experience very little pain unless I have been working in the garden for longer than I need to or doing heavy digging or pulling up of roots. As a dressmaker I find that standing more than 2-3 hours or sitting sewing for more than 2 hours makes my middle lower back ache to the point of not being able to do what I want or need to do. The regular exercise routine is certainly helping my flexibility and easing the pain from sitting or standing for an extended time. Gardening in easier since using a kneeling stool.
Im sleeping longer but as warmer weather comes in am more active.
Having recently travelled by train or 6 hours and return by coach in 5 days with only one rest stop my buttocks and right hip ached for a while but once I got walking again was relieved.
I havenoticed when climbing shallow depth steps i get a pain in my left kneewhich does not occur if the steps are deep and not as much push on the knee.
carrying up to 14 8litre bucket and 10 watering cans of water to water my garden have tested my back strength but I dont need to walk more than 2-20 metres and do it one at at time or lessen the volumeof water and carry two for balance but I'm tired when I finish doing this twice a week