- Age 55+
- 172 lbs
- 5' 9"
- Menlo Park, CA
- Injury Status Recovering
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Never
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? A little bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? A little bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Mild
- Back pain interfere with sleep Frequently
- Back pain interfere with your personal care (washing, dressing etc) Not at all
- Back pain interference with travel Frequently
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Herniated disc (bulging disc, disc protrusion), Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Degenerative Disc Disease
- Additional conditions Knee-pain
This is like a nagging headache that begins and builds during the day. I have a workout routine developed via Gokhle Method that I complete every day except major exercise days--long hikes and skiing.
Gokhle has been instrumental in increasing the amount of activity over time and eliminating NASIds from my diet.
Significantly, her decompression techniques provide recovery mechanisms that have allowed me to extend hours of higher activity.