- Age 55+
- 180 lbs
- 5' 2"
- Injury Status In Pain
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? All the time
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Physical activity per week 0-4 hours
- Number of Surgeries None
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Yes, for over a year
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Sometimes
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? All the time
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Excruciating
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated disc (bulging disc, disc protrusion), Osteoporosis, Compression fracture, Muscle Strain
- Additional conditions Arthrithis, Neck-pain, Hip-pain, Knee-pain, High blood pressure, Depression, Insomnia
I have 2 compression fractures in addition to the other spinal problems. Neurosurgeon suggested surgery on the spinal fractures. I refused because I was told that surgery could cause other vertebrae to fracture. I worked 50 years on a job that required heavy lifting. I retired on total disability in 2012, after working 50 years. My height was 5' 7' when I was younger now my height is 5'2" due to osteoporosis.I can not stand up straight. I know losing weight would help the pain but it is difficult to lose weight, if a person can not move. I am in constant pain and can barely walk. I have to use a walker and a cane.The only thing that relieves the pain is bending over to stretch back muscles. The pain returns when I try to stand up. I had 2 major surgeries in 2010 for unrelated conditions and 1 surgery in Jan.2018 for an unrelated condition.