- Age 55+
- 185 lbs
- 5' 11"
- Kenai, Alaska
- Injury Status In Pain
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Excruciating
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Physical activity per week 0-4 hours
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? All the time
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Yes, for over a year
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Always
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? All the time
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Back pain causing leg pain Yes, my back and my leg hurt just as much
- Walking distance with leg pain 1 block
- Sitting without having to change position 30 minutes
- Standing without experiencing back pain 10 minutes
- Pain when rising from a seated position Much worse
- Back-Pain while bending forward Distressing
- Leg-Pain while bending forward Distressing
- Pain while bending backward Distressing
- Pain while lying flat on stomach Discomforting
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated disc (bulging disc, disc protrusion), Osteoporosis, Spondylolisthesis, Compression fracture, Muscle Strain, Scoliosis, Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction
- Additional conditions Neck-pain, Arthrithis, Hip-pain, Knee-pain, High blood pressure, Depression, Insomnia
I am unable to do any physical activities that require me to stand, walk, run, jump, carry, move, etc. because anything I try and do causes my back, neck, legs and hips as well as other muscles and joints to stress and tense up very quickly which then causes me sever and debilitating pain which lasts for extended period of time.
I�ve had sciatica problems for over 35 years and fractured my back in two places of my lumbar area, L2 and L4 back in 2008 from a car accident.
I also suffer from sever Heart problems which directly effects my uptake of oxygen. This in turn causes me even more stress and duress because I cannot maintain the minimally required amount of oxygen that my body needs to function while attempting to carry out any physical activity.