- Age 55+
- 150 lbs
- 5' 7"
- Hobart, Australia
- Injury Status Cured
- Number of Surgeries None
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Chronicity 0 - 6 Months
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? A little bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Never
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? A little bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Discomforting
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Muscle Strain
I recently traveled and my schedule was such that I over-did things due to over scheduling and just simply not paying attention to the little things. I was annoyed but not surprised that I managed to pull a muscle (serratus posterior inferior) in my mid-back. The most helpful of the treatments was the Gokhale Method. Stretch-sitting, stretch lying and inner corset work. I also did the wall stretch in the book "8 steps to a Pain-Free Back" which felt very good. This stretch lengthens the hamstrings as well. Roller work helped loosen tight muscles & fascia. My partner gave me a few mini massages which also helped. I am happy to report that I am back on track after 2 weeks with no more pain. I continue to use the postural cues from the Gokhale Method to keep me on track while going about my daily routine and the activities that I love like running, kayaking and hiking.