- Age 35-54
- 106 lbs
- 5' 3"
- Menlo Park, CA
- Injury Status Cured
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? A little bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Never
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? A little bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? No pain
I have suffered from back pain (upper, middle and lower) all my life due to being quite hunched. The hunch improved a lot after I started yoga ten years ago, but I continued having back pain due to continued back posture (lordosis/ sway back/ shoulders still hunched). I could not sit for any extended time without getting severe pain.
The Gokhale method has helped fixed my posture and the strengthening exercises recommended under the Gokhale method has helped me be able to stand and sit for the whole working day without getting pain. I also try the Egoscue methods listed on Sonima dot com and youtube. Thay helps me reset to good posture and gives me a great start to the day