- Age 55+
- 160 lbs
- 5' 6"
- Injury Status In Pain
- Physical activity per week 0-4 hours
- Chronicity 0 - 6 Months
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Quite a bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Yes, under 1 month
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Rarely
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Quite a bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Distressing
this recent back sprain or strain is due to me bending down to lift my niece's baby from his play pen. I had to move very slowly. And then to return him the same way I think having to bend and hold slowly caused the problem. I have sometimes experience some back discomfort - Sometimes my backpack is heavy and I may also carry other packages. But it goes away soon. I swim regularly 2 - 3 times a week, 40 laps for about 20 minutes. I have been doing this for years and now I can't!! Due to my back pain. I am hoping this isn't something unfixable. About 25 years ago I had a similar experience from doing yoga and pushing too hard. I was bed ridden for a week or two. I would love some feedback.