- Age 55+
- 175 lbs
- 5' 5"
- Indianapolis, IN
- Injury Status In Pain
- Back pain causing leg pain Yes, my back and my leg hurt just as much
- Repeat injury? No
- Doctor/Care Giver Phillip Kingma M.D.
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Number of Surgeries 2
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Quite a bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Yes, for over a year
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Often
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Quite a bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Distressing
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Walking distance with leg pain 1 block
- Sitting without having to change position 10 minutes
- Standing without experiencing back pain 10 minutes
- Pain when rising from a seated position Much worse
- Back-Pain while bending forward Discomforting
- Leg-Pain while bending forward Distressing
- Pain while bending backward Discomforting
- Walk with no pain I’m in bed most of the time
- Sitting without back pain 10 minutes
- Standing without back pain I can’t stand without pain
- Back pain interfere with sleep All the time
- Back pain interfere with your personal care (washing, dressing etc) Most of the time
- Back pain interference with travel Pain restricts me to journeys of less than 2 hours
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Facet Syndrome/Sprain, Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Sacroiliac Joint Dysfunction, Osteoporosis, Spondylolisthesis, Muscle Strain
- Additional conditions Hip-pain, Knee-pain, Depression, Insomnia, Neck-pain, Arthrithis
It all started with an epidural during childbirth gone wrong. From there pain has gotten progressively worse and debilitating. I've tried just about everything to relieve comfort from back and fibromyalgia pain, short of a total spinal fusion.
I'm also being tested for CRSP on my left knee from a break in 2016. I'm still having bad pain and it will some time give out and pop on me. By the end of the day I'm sitting with ice packs surrounding my knee to keep the temperature down in it. But my insurance company denied the testing.