- Age 55+
- 139 lbs
- 5' 5"
- Porter Ranch CA
- Injury Status Recovering
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Quite a bit
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Physical activity per week 4-8 hours
- Number of Surgeries None
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Rarely
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Somewhat
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Discomforting
- Additional conditions Arthrithis
The most difficult thing for me is sitting. I almost always have pain when I sit, therefore, I'm constantly getting up and moving around. There are time when I just tolerate the pain because I may be in a situation where I can't always get up. Long drives are difficult. I rarely go to the movies or other events. Sometimes, sleeping or lying down starts my pain. I have taken the Gokhale class and hope that in the long run it will eliminate the pain I have when seating. Recently my physical therapist told me some of my issues are my spine is not stacked, there is some scoliosis, one leg shorter that the other and my hips are not aligned.