- Age 55+
- 123 lbs
- 5' 5"
- San Diego, CA
- Injury Status In Pain
- Physical activity per week 4-8 hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? A little bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Never
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Somewhat
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Discomforting
Difficult to stand without back pain in low back. Meditating and computer work can be painful and cooking at the counter. Just realized I need to adjust my computer chair for comfort level so hope that now improves pain level.
I love the stretching yoga provides but it's difficult to figure out which yoga postures are harmful and need to be modified or eliminated altogether to avoid pain. I usually feel pain AFTER I've done something "wrong."
I sometimes sit for hours in special long meditation classes I go to, but find my neck hurts after a bit of time goes by, and am working on getting the sitting part of meditation to be more comfortable (employing Gokhale techniques).
It's taking a while for me to incorporate Gokhale methodology in everyday life. It's too costly for me to take more classes than the $450 one, and I felt a bit rushed to learn alot within those 6 hours and then figure out how to apply it to everyday life. I feel like a baby bird whose mother taught it to begin to fly, but then the mother left the nest for good and the baby has to keep going on its own and struggle to sort of "trial and error" it all and hope I remember all the techniques correctly.