- Age n/a
- 106 lbs
- 5' 3"
- Glenmont, Ohio
- Injury Status Recovering
- Physical activity per week 4-8 hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Repeat injury? No
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Not at all
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Never
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Not at all
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Mild
I am very active and rarely sit down during the day.
I do believe in chiropractic help but I gave it a negative review because the last chiropractor I visited made me much worse. I used to work for chiropractors so I know quite a bit about the subject. Some chiropractors are brilliant and some are dangerous. If you find a good one it could be wonderful. If you get a bad one it could be hell. Just be cautious.
Using postural changes such as the Gokhale Method are almost risk-free so that is the number one thing I would recommend. I say "almost" because if you mis-apply the technique it could backfire on you but that is true of anything in life. Try to get a teacher to help you with the technique.