- Age 55+
- 254 lbs
- 6' 3"
- baltimore, md
- Injury Status In Pain
- Number of Surgeries 2
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 4-8 hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Quite a bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Rarely
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Somewhat
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Distressing
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease
Best thing I found to reduce pain in my lower back is to use a 15 dollar, male girdle placed around the upper portion of my chest - right around my breasts and upper back but not around my lower back. It somehow gives me reduced pain in the lower back and stability in walking. It helps my balance too. It also reduces the stabbing pains in the lower back that come from spinal stenosis and nerve impingement.