- Age 55+
- 200 lbs
- 6' 1"
- Pinehurst, nc
- Injury Status In Pain
- Number of Surgeries 2
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 4-8 hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? All the time
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Yes, for 3-12 months
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Sometimes
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? All the time
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Distressing
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Muscle Strain
First surgery was in 1997 on neck where stenosis had caused my spinal chord to bubble and was allowing very little spinal fluid flow. That was fixed and most of the back of 5 vertebra was removed. That had been making me paralyzed from the neck down at times. Then in 2001 I went on a short walk and after about 10 steps, I was unable to move and was able to stand still for a moment and then was able to walk. I had lumbar surgery and they fused L2-S1 and also removed a cyst that was growing around the spine. I had to give up playing tennis in 2004 or 5 as I was unable to run as it seemed like my legs were slow and I would fall. I have since been able to play golf but usually just 9 holes and maybe once a week. I have played 18 holds twice in the last 2 years. Of course, I also had hip replacement in 2016! My lumbar has also seemed to make it more difficult to get over the hip replacement!