- Age 55+
- 5' 3"
- Tarboro, NC
- Injury Status In Pain
- Number of Surgeries 2
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 0-4 hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Quite a bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Yes, for over a year
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Rarely
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Quite a bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Horrible
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated disc (bulging disc, disc protrusion), Osteoporosis, Muscle Strain
My condition keeps me from enjoying my life and doing things I enjoy I.e. Traveling, gardening, socialmactivities. I had back fusion 3 1/2 years ago with rods and pins installed. I had 5 herniated disks in my lower backmand 3 in my neck. Since then I have been in pain continuous pain since then. It feels like the hardware is compressing on the nerves causing more pain and muscle spasms in my hips and legs. The first surgery was to clean up some aethritis on my lower spine. The second was to perform a back fusion using rods on each side of my spine and pins were placed to secured the rods. I think that is correct. My goal is to be pain free and no pain meds. I do as much walking and stretching as I can and I have participated in warm water pool therapy.