- Age 55+
- 165 lbs
- 5' 1"
- Mechanicsburg, Pa. 17055
- Injury Status In Pain
- Number of Surgeries None
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 0-4 hours
- Chronicity 6-18 Months
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Quite a bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Often
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Somewhat
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Discomforting
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated disc (bulging disc, disc protrusion), Spondylolisthesis
I've had Back pain since July 2016, I have modified my activity as far as cleaning the house only doing what has to be done. I became very Depressed and hardly ever go out, or exercise. I have 3 Bulging Discs in my Lumbar area, and a Herniated Disc at C3. I'm already fused from C4-7. I plan to swim this summer and do Aqua Yoga and Aqua Aerobics, walk daily at least for 10 minutes. In spite of this I've lost 25 pounds since last April.
I can't take NSAIDS due to possible Kidney Disease. I was just started on Tramadol last week. I use a Heating pad at night. I already have weakness and Dropfoot in my Right leg due to Myelomalachia from a Herniated Disc.