- Age 55+
- 66 lbs
- 5' 7"
- Injury Status Cured
- Number of Surgeries None
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Chronicity 0 - 6 Months
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Not at all
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Never
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Not at all
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Mild
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Muscle Strain
Being active and healthy at 58 yrs. I like to run and kayak. Running with my body in alignment makes a huge difference in preventing injury. Keeping my behind, behind me and using the larger muscle groups when kayaking, keeps me from experiencing back pain. I am a massage therapist and do a lot of work, moving my clients arms and legs around. If I don't keep my posture in tact while doing this, I will get back pain. The key to me leading a pain-free life is simple. I pay attention to my posture first, then everything else falls into place.