- Age 55+
- 122 lbs
- 5' 4"
- Menlo Park, CA
- Injury Status Recovering
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? A little bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Never
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated disc (bulging disc, disc protrusion), Osteoporosis
Until I tried the Gokhale Method, I went through an ongoing cycle of trying things that helped a little but never significantly. I even had the procedure Intradiscal Electrothermal Annuloplasty (IDET), which made the pain worse for about 6 months but may have helped some.
Because of multi-level disc problems, I was faced with surgery that even the surgeons encouraged me to wait for as long as possible (ideally years). At the strong recommendations of several friends, I worked with Esther Gokhale and learned new ways to sit, move, stand. While I nearly always have some pain, I am happy to report that the level of pain has been dramatically reduced for about ten years so far. I no longer use any medications. I highly recommend the Gokhale Method.