- Age 55+
- 170 lbs
- 5' 3"
- Injury Status In Pain
- Physical activity per week 4-8 hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? All the time
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Yes, for over a year
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Always
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated disc (bulging disc, disc protrusion)
I've had to retire from my nursing career of 25 years, I can no longer stand, sit, walk or sleep for over an hour at a time, most of that is even shorter times. I have lost 20 lbs. I've had RFA twice and ESI twice. The dr wants me to do more RFA but it only worked about 3 weeks, I don't feel like it was worth all the money I paid. I can no longer walk without walking sticks and my husband doesn't like me to walk alone because I fall so often. I have numbness and weakness in my right leg and I never know when it will just lose all feeling. I have trouble keeping my balance on good days and fall just from balancing problems. I do not want to live my life like this, I'm only 59 with two beautiful granddaughters that need a healthy,fun grandmother.