- Age 55+
- 145 lbs
- 5' 7"
- Edgartown, MA
- Injury Status In Pain
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Number of Surgeries 1
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Quite a bit
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Sometimes
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Herniated disc (bulging disc, disc protrusion), Osteoporosis
After a hip fracture, femur crack, PT, making good recovery...surgery MGH. But recovery slowed down with intense pain in thigh on side where I had PHR. I suggested to my Ortho guy (he didn't do surgery) that I suspected one leg shorter than the other. He said "no way".... put me on table at my insistence...measured...and guess what? I think then the OA, osteo-p, sciatica, bulging disc, spinal stenosis, all kicked in. I have done PT, acupuncture, massage, yoga, chiropractor, self stretching, reading, trying, not blaming anyone, but I think it is "hit or miss", b.s., surgery (on what?), pain killers, medical weed, that's all I know.