- Age 55+
- 137 lbs
- 5' 2"
- Moraga, ca
- Injury Status Cured
- Number of Surgeries 1
- Doctor/Care Giver Chris Ames, MD
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Repeat injury? No
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? All the time
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Yes, under 1 month
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Often
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Quite a bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Horrible
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy), Osteoarthritis (arthritis), Spinal Stenosis, Degenerative Disc Disease, Spondylolisthesis
I had moderate central stenosis and severe lateral facet joint stenosis. Severe left leg radiculopathy. Tried every medical modality without much improvement. I took the Gokhale Method posture course prior to my surgery and almost cancelled surgery. But the pain would return after a few good days. It made the biggest difference.
I teach the Gokhale Method now to ensure my new spine stays perfect. I have no pain and have all function.