- Age 55+
- 162 lbs
- 6' 1"
- Palo Alto, CA
- Injury Status Cured
- Number of Surgeries None
- Repeat injury? Yes
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Not at all
- Have you been off work or unemployed due to low-back pain? Not at all
- Have you felt depressed or hopeless in the last 7 days? Never
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Not at all
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? No pain
- Additional Diagnosis/Symptoms Sciatica (pinched nerve, radiculopathy)
Started having a lower back pain on my lower right a few years ago. Had couple of instances of aggravated pain where I could not even walk for a few hours and once for couple of weeks. One time an old (expensive) spring mattress was the issue. In general too aggressive Yoga might have contributed to the injury.
What seems to work is a combination of strengthening exercises, including a lot of cycling, and stretched and foam roller. Swimming also helps but I don't have the time to do enough of that. I've started doing nerve movement and gliding exercises and hope they will help. This under the guidance of Roth Jones.