- Age 55+
- 240 lbs
- 5' 11"
- St Clair Shores, Michigan
- Injury Status In Pain
- knee injury in an accident or fall No
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? A little bit
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? A little bit
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Discomforting
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Does your knee swell Not at all
- knee pain going down the stairs No pain
- Knee pain going up the stairs Mild
- Knee pain location Back of the knee
- Pain extend below the knee to the calf or shin areas No pain
- Knee pain while squatting Discomforting
- Knee give way, give out or feel unstable A little bit
I try to walk 11,000 steps daily. Some days, the pain precludes my doing this.
I used to enjoy a 5k run, but my knees will not allow this again. If i try to jog, my knees are painful for more than a week.
I want to be more active, but the knee pain precludes much more than walking.