- Age 55+
- 205 lbs
- 5' 11"
- Injury Status Recovering
- knee injury in an accident or fall No
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 4-8 hours
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Not at all
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Not at all
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? No pain
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Does your knee swell Yes, just a little
- knee pain going down the stairs No pain
- Knee pain going up the stairs Mild
- Knee pain location Outside the knee (toward leg exterior)
- Pain extend below the knee to the calf or shin areas No pain
- Knee pain while squatting Mild
- Knee give way, give out or feel unstable Not at all
Limits me to the point of others doing things before I get to do them. Bending down is tough. Unable to wade for fishing. Have been somewhat lax in exercises the past week. Back on track now. More exercising seems to be helping me quite a bit.
Just looked into stem cell treatment for my knee. Will keep you advised next month. Any experience you have with it would be appreciated.Not going to go the stem cell route because I know who the bright looking fella with the arrow in his back is. HE'S A PIONEER.
The more I exercise my knee the better it gets. Seem to be at a plateau, but with so little pain it's hard to evaluate. Stepping up is the only problem and that is not every time. More exercise!!