- Age 55+
- 170 lbs
- 5' 4"
- dartmouth, ma
- Injury Status In Pain
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Distressing
- Repeat injury? No
- Doctor/Care Giver Dr. Edward Klein
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Number of Surgeries 2
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? Somewhat
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Somewhat
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- knee injury in an accident or fall Yes, in the last 1-5 years
- Does your knee swell Yes a lot
- knee pain going down the stairs Distressing
- Knee pain going up the stairs Discomforting
- Knee pain location Back of the knee
- Pain extend below the knee to the calf or shin areas Mild
- Knee pain while squatting Distressing
- Knee give way, give out or feel unstable Somewhat
right tkr 5/1/2018..
-5 wks post op. Starting outpatient PT in 2 days...6/5/18. Flex at 115/-2. Walking steps total about 1.5 mile per day. Still some pain, tightness and swelling but doing good.
-10 wks post op. Scar tissue increasing in front of knee (changed PT therapist)...pain side and back of knee (Baker's cyst came back). Flex at 120. Doing stretching & manipulation of scar tissue, knee very tight, pulling....cannot go down stairs normally yet. Saw surgeon today, he does not want to do anything at this point but continue PT...I have follow up appointment 2 wks.