- Age 55+
- 163 lbs
- 5' 4"
- Springfield VA
- Injury Status Recovering
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Repeat injury? No
- Doctor/Care Giver Dr Stephen Saddler
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? A little bit
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Not at all
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? No pain
The Lateral elliptical machine at the gym, LA Fitness, really helps my knees. It goes side to side as well as up and down and it seems to message the cartilage in my knees and strengthen my legs especially in the lower thighs right above my knees.
I also stand on a balance disk when possible when I am working and have to stand in one place. My left knee has substantial mis alignment between my tibia and femur and I have not been able to find any treatment for this. While I have improved dramatically in my walking, and ability to do everyday things, it seems to be to unstable to do any running.