- Age 55+
- 228 lbs
- 4' 9"
- Byesville ohio
- Injury Status In Pain
- Physical activity per week 4-8 hours
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Repeat injury? No
- Doctor/Care Giver Dr Huff
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? All the time
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? All the time
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Horrible
I rarely get out, and when I do I am sitting rest of day. I sometimes get so depressed. I am getting physical therapy, it helps some till I try to walk in a store. I get the 6 injections they seem ti help for a couple of weeks. The steroids no longer help. I have lost 50 lbs, but see no difference, I am trying to lose 50 more as the Dr. said I needed to in order to get a replacement. I am afraid of having surgery as I never did well with anesthesia.
Update: This is still pretty much true. The pain did get better during a 24 day stretch then returned full force,using an treatment called Stivax. I had a Supartz shot in November but it numbed for 3 days only. The main help I have received is my depression is not as bad at this time and I force myself to go out more. I do not walk a lot but trying and forcing more steps and take Advil when I do. Taping does help but I am allergic to the adhesive, the brace will not stay on my leg. I do have a good support system with my doctors and therapist.
Update 02/19/2018 all above information continues to be the same. Winter has been very hard on joints, and getting out rarely.