- Age 55+
- 180 lbs
- 5' 10"
- Chesapeake, VA
- Injury Status Recovering
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? No pain
- Repeat injury? No
- Doctor/Care Giver Harrington
- Physical activity per week 4-8 hours
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? A little bit
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? Not at all
- Chronicity 4 - 6 Months
- knee injury in an accident or fall No
- Does your knee swell Yes, just a little
- knee pain going down the stairs Discomforting
- Knee pain going up the stairs Mild
- Knee pain location Outside the knee (toward leg exterior)
- Pain extend below the knee to the calf or shin areas Mild
- Knee pain while squatting Discomforting
- Knee give way, give out or feel unstable A little bit
Running is my favorite exercise but row and bike more lately. Hope to run 3-4 times a week. Have been running close 18 miles a week with a goal of 20 plus. Started periodic hill work and intervals.
Running in cushioned shoes Brooks Ghost 12?”, Hoka Rincon and now New Balance Beacons and using still experimenting with lightweight arch supports. Like lightweight running shoes and the Superfeet fill Up the shoes for my feet. Only use NSAIDs periodically. Taking Instant Flex and Curcumin.