- Age 55+
- 262 lbs
- 5' 3"
- Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- Injury Status In Pain
- What best describes your pain level on average in the past week? Distressing
- Repeat injury? No
- Physical activity per week 8+ hours
- Number of Surgeries None
- How much did pain interfere with your day-to-day activities in the past week? All the time
- How much did pain interfere with your enjoyment of life in the past week? All the time
- Chronicity 18+ Months
- Does your knee swell Yes a lot
- knee pain going down the stairs Distressing
- Knee pain going up the stairs Horrible
- Knee pain location Inside the knee (toward the other leg)
- Pain extend below the knee to the calf or shin areas Mild
- Knee pain while squatting Horrible
- Knee give way, give out or feel unstable Quite a bit
If I don't have MY chair I have NO relief. Sometimes when I go to bed I can find a comfortable position but I will not spend all day in bed! Ice will help very temporarily.
My pain pills are the only thing that makes the pain actually go away for a few hours a day. Sometimes VERY temporarily. And my shots help for about 6 weeks. The combination of the shots and my pain pills is what gives me the most relief. But still not 24 hours a day. At best I have a scant few hours in the morning of enough pain control to function almost normally. But only for 5 to 6 weeks.