- Age n/a
- Injury Status In Pain
- Chronicity Under 1 Month
I've been off since late December, after a hard 10-K (and a PR) that pushed my chondromalacia over the top. In the meantime, I've been doing the elliptical machine to say in at least some shape.
Recently, it seems that I've plateaued and am just not getting better. I had been unable to run for a few months, and now can ran (very) short distances before being in pain.
Things I've done:
- Strengthened my quads (still doing it)
- Taken glucosamine (didn't work, so stopped)
- Replaced my shoes (helped a little)
- Stretched my IT band, hamstrings, quads, etc.
- Worn a knee brace (and used it a few times, but it didn't help)
- Replaced my orthotics
It's been 5 months. Is this taking too long to recover?